Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Anthony's to the Rescue

I first heard about St. Anthony in San Francisco, where I had a financial hardship and could not afford to treat an ongoing infection. Someone suggested I go to St. Anthony's medical center, which I did. I was given antibiotics for free, which stopped my infection for good. But as I was not Catholic, I didn't know the meaning of St. Anthony, so I forgot about it.

Recently, my car had a serious engine problem, and all the mechanics who looked at it said the car is as good as dead. I couldn't afford a new car. In desperation I prayed for help. The next day, when I looked in the phone book, I saw an ad for "Anthony's Engines." The mechanic, named Anthony, came up with a solution that I could afford. I cannot express how relieved I was. After that time, it dawned on me that the name Anthony had often played a savior's role in my life, including a lawsuit in which an adjuster named Anthony took my case, which nobody had wanted, and won. I had never prayed to St. Anthony, but I feel I was helped by him. I believe he watches over all the lost. Now that I am aware of St. Anthony's graciousness, I feel it is time to thank him for his ever generous help. Anyone can be helped by the intersession of good St. Anthony.