Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Novena To St. Anthony Of Padua

O White lily of purity, sublime example of poverty, true mirror of humility, resplendent star of sanctity. O glorious St Anthony, who didst enjoy the sweet privilege of receiving into thy arms the Infant Jesus, I beseech thee to take me under thy powerful protection. Thou in whom the power of working miracles shines forth among the other gifts of God, have pity upon me and come to my aid in this my great need.

(Mention your intentions here).

Cleanse my heart from every disorderly affection, obtain for me a true contrition for my sins and a great love of God and of my neighbor, that serving God faithfully in this life, I may come to praise, enjoy, and bless Him eternally with thee in Paradise. Amen.

Recite one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be.

Pray the Novena once a day for nine days, especially beginning on June 4th. and ending on June 12th., the eve of the Feast of Saint Anthony. Some people pray a Novena to St. Anthony on thirteen consecutive Tuesdays, per the instructions of Pope Leo XIII, or on all Tuesdays.