Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ygnacia's Own Stories - We Both Got Goosebumps

My youngest son takes piano lessons from a wonderful Russian lady. Entering her home this last week for class we found that she had had a very unfortunate loss - payment from earlier students in the amount of $200.00 had been lost. We helped her search her house for it before class, and we continued searching after class. We were about to give up and leave, when I thought I might go out on a limb a bit and say a prayer to St. Anthony.
She is an open person and has a connection with the Russian Orthodox faith, so she is familiar with saints. I told her, "This is what I do when I really can't find something, I pray to St. Anthony, 'Good St. Anthony look around, something's lost and can't be found.' I then do the best I can to retrace my steps, staying open to any feelings that may come to me as to where to look."
Just as I was giving these instructions, she moved toward her kitchen, walked right up to a drawer, pulled it open, and there was the money. We both got goosebumps. She said, "I have never put money in that drawer before, I don't know why I did that."
She is so grateful for having found her money, and I am so grateful that she was shown loving God's care for her, working through the intercession of Good St. Anthony~