Monday, April 7, 2014

I Should Pray The Novena To St. Anthony

My 9 year old son thought he lost his new prescription sports glasses last week at our first baseball game. After my wife and I got home and searched in all the obvious places, we realized that they were missing so I drove back to the ball park to look for them. While looking in the dugout a nice man help by graciously providing a flashlight and assisting with his time by not watching his own son and helping me look all around the dugout, trash cans, and parking lot area. When we were departing ways he asked if I were Roman Catholic, to which I said I was. He proceed to tell me that I should pray the Novena to St. Anthony to help find the glasses. He was passionate about how successful his past prayers to St. Anthony had been. I know this may sound corny, but he was so sincere and almost insistent with praying to St. Anthony that I found myself thinking on the way home about how nice he had been, his kindness to help, and passion for prayer. So when I got home I made it a point to follow through with looking up the Novena of St. Anthony and in my son's nightly prayers for the next 2 nights we prayed the Novena. On the 3rd. day the glasses turned up in a place my wife and I had already looked.

At church today I remind my son that we needed to give to the poor for thanks to St. Anthony for helping us find his glasses. I also wanted to find the Prayer To St. Anthony For Thanksgiving which we read tonight with our nightly prayers.

As I get older I begin to appreciate and cherish the relationship that we have with God and all of his Divine Servants and Saints in Heaven. It is truly great to be Catholic and know that God's love is always with us in no matter what crosses we face.

Thank you T.B. for this beautiful story. If you have a story of St. Anthony's help that you would like to share, please email us your story and we will post it on our blog~