Sunday, July 9, 2017

I Was In Great Distress

I was in great distress to awake Saturday morning in my trailer while out camping with my family, when I could not find my wedding ring!! My husband and I having been married in a Catholic Church 20 years ago, and follow the faith through prayer and attending church on a regular basis with our sons, I was distraught in my spirit for the symbolism of our union was gone!! I looked high and low in the trailer where I was convinced I had last recalled wearing it. I went so far as to question whether it had been stolen by a guest the evening prior, as I last recalled placing it on the kitchen table to do the supper dishes. Of course I did not want to jump to conclusions, and so resorted to praying to St. Anthony in my despair. Not more than five minutes after I prayed, my husband came out of the trailer with my wedding ring and said, "will you marry me again?" I was stunned to learn that my 14 year old son found my ring above my bed, where I had already checked countless times!!! He said, "I told you I would find it for you mom." Amen to St. Anthony and my son!

Thank you L.C. for your wonderful story of St. Anthony's help in finding your wedding ring. Have a story of your own to share? Email it to us and we will post it on our blog~