Saturday, March 2, 2013

Even More Than I Had Asked For

I lost my very small medal of St Anthony when I was 24 years old in my front garden, near the footpath, whilst gardening. It was a particularly small, elaborately worked gold medal and on a very fine chain and sent to me from Italy as a special gift, as I am Christened Antonietta after San Antonio. I was devastated and looked for hours and even weeks afterwards for this unique medal. Every time I did gardening or walked to the front garden, I hoped and indeed, I searched for weeks. I had saved the chain as it broke but the medal flew off to unknown destinations. I prayed to St. Anthony and in the end, I gave up and prayed that St. Anthony would bless the finder. About 6 years later, whilst gardening out the front (again), I saw something glisten and shine, right in my eye, on the footpath outside my home. I investigated and found a very small, delicate, gold medal of St. Anthony lying on the footpath next to a little solid gold, 3 dimensional heart. It was not my medal but equally beautiful and valuable. I could not find the owner and investigated the lost and found papers for a couple of weeks before I decided that somehow, someway, St. Anthony got back to me with even more than I had asked for.
Imagine, in front of my house, a different medal plus a lovely little heart, in broad daylight. What are the odds? I love St Anthony for many things and for his wonderful example of a well spent life. I am 80 years old in two months and I still remember that glistening gift on my footpath as though it were yesterday.

Thank you to A.D for emailing us this amazing St. Anthony story. Have your own testimony to share about St. Anthony and answered prayer? Email us to have it posted on our blog~