Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Gift of Speech

I found out that not only is St. Anthony the patron saint of lost things, but he was also a very eloquent speaker. My son is a freshman in high school; he works very hard but sometimes is not very confident. He had to attend a competition where he had to make a speech. Public speaking is not for everyone. That morning, he woke up and was very worried that he would not do well, even though he prepared for several weeks. After he left for the competition very nervous and worried, I prayed to St. Anthony to give my son the power to speak as eloquently as him. I just did not want my son to be embarrassed and feel ashamed. I asked St. Anthony to make my son happy with whatever he could do. Well, not only did my son not embarrass himself, he was one of the finalist in the competition. Thank you Saint Anthony, you have always been there for us!