Friday, November 25, 2011

Finding Prayer and Faith

I had been frantic trying to find my nursing licenses, why I would have misplaced it is beyond me. I have been a nurse for 20 years and had never misplaced it, so why now? I think to slow down and take the time to pray!!
Without it I could not work, so you see why I was so frantic!! Someone told me to pray to the Saint of lost things, and I didn't know who that was, so I was at my wits end and totally at a loss. So I sat down and looked up Saint Anthony. I stopped, took a deep breath and prayed for assistance. I was expecting it to just appear...lol but to no avail, I couldn't find it.
It wasn't until I was on my knees, near tears and the fear of not being able to go back to work, that I prayed out loud, going through everything I could think of. To my surprise it was in a place I never thought to think of. Funny how that works, just picked up an object and there it was, laying there. I fell back on my knees, praising and thanking St. Anthony and Jesus, God and Mary and anyone else I could think of.
It took me to lose something for me to take time out to pray and mean it from my heart and soul, not just words, but really mean it. I definitely make sure to always find time to pray now, from the heart, from my soul, and never take prayer for granted.
I had to tell my story, that you can't just ask and have it appear like magic......you have to continue your journey of finding what is lost - and I didn't just find my licenses, I found my Faith and my Father in Heaven once again!!

Have a story of St. Anthony helping to find something of yours - health, faith, an object, etc..? Email it to us and we will post it on our blog~