Thursday, December 1, 2016

My Grandmother Had Taught Me The Prayer

Good evening - at least it is early evening here in New Zealand. Just 30 minutes ago, I realized I had lost my wedding ring. It had slipped off my finger and I had not noticed. I really panicked and became upset. I looked everywhere I could think of but to no avail. Then, standing outside again to go and look if it had slipped off in my car or in the garden, I stopped as I was reminded that when I was young and we lost something we always prayed to St. Anthony. My grandmother had taught me the prayer. So, I stopped where I was, closed my eyes, and then prayed the prayer to St. Anthony (in Dutch as that is the language I grew up with). I then turned around, walked into the bedroom, and suddenly saw the ring lying there on the floor. I had looked in the bedroom several times on the floor, in the laundry basket, under the bed, and so on and had not seen it. I am convinced that St Anthony helped calm me and helped me see clearly and find my wedding ring. I have lit two candles and prayed a prayer of thanks to St. Anthony! He has always been a friend to me and will always be.

Thank you M.C. for your inspiring story of St. Anthony's help in finding something so important. And a big thank you to all of the Grandparents that help pass on the Faith to their Grandchildren. If you have a story of St. Anthony's assistance, please email it to us to share on the blog~