Sunday, February 12, 2012

St. Anthony's Email Bag - A Stolen Purse Found

We just received this email from a Saint Anthony -- Lost And Found Blog follower. She emailed us earlier this month asking for prayers, we emailed her a prayer to St. Anthony and then offered up our own prayers on her behalf. Here is her response:

My purse was snatched in New Orleans on Dec. 14, 2011. I already gave up cause I did not hear from anyone (the police) since. On 2/7/11 I read about St. Anthony on your blog and wrote to you. I got your email the next day, 2/8/11. Amazing, on 2/9/11 morning I got a call from New Orleans police department that the suspect was arrested and they will call me later with more details. Thank you St. Anthony.

M.K., Sent from my iPad

We post the Prayer of Thanksgiving to St. Anthony in response to this answered prayer, and for the myriad of other prayers answered through the intersession of our beloved St. Anthony:

Prayer of Thanksgiving to Saint Anthony of Padua

Most loving protector, St. Anthony, what gift can I give you in exchange to show my heartfelt gratitude? With your continued help I will show appreciation to you by being more faithful to God, more constant in my prayer, and readier to do good to those nearest me. I praise God for the esteem in which your name is held throughout the world, for the miracles and wonders which have filled the Church and the world through you, and for the many benefits humanity continues receiving through your gracious intersession. May these intentions convey my great thanks to the triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and to our Blessed Mother Mary, Queen of Heaven and Earth. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be...