Monday, February 27, 2012

Ygnacia's Own Stories - From Ygnacia's Daughter

Hello there readers. I'm the daughter of Ygnacia, the lady who runs this blog, and I have a little story to tell you all. It all would not have happened if my mom did not have this blog about St. Anthony. Because ever since she started it, she's had a new catch-phrase, "Just pray to St. Anthony!" I guess it's because she's been getting all of these crazy stories about all these people who find stuff, like long lost purses or tiny diamond rings, after praying to St. Anthony. It's kinda hard to believe in all truth. But I've always been cool about it, nodding and smiling while thinking to myself that these people have got to be making 60% of this stuff up. But hey, if you say it happened, who am I to say otherwise? Anyways, down to my story.

The other day, I lost my bag that has everything I need in it for this class that I take, about five minutes before I had to go to the class. I was freaking out! Running up and down the stairs, tearing things off of shelves and counters, and in general, searching frantically for my bag. But, it was no where to be found. I ask my mom if she has seen it, but she had not. Then, lo and behold, her favorite catch-phrase came out. "Just pray to St. Anthony!" she said. I rolled my eyes, but just in case, I did say a little prayer to myself. Something along the lines of 'Tony, Tony come around, something's lost and can't be found.' Then, I dashed back upstairs one more time to search the computer room for my bag. As I looked atop of my chinchilla's cage for the tenth time, I put my hand on the back of a swivel chair. It's swiveled around and boom, there was my bag! It had been on the chair the whole time, but I only found it after my prayer. Whether this was just plain luck, or whether it was something more, is up for debate. But hey, who knows, right?

A big 'thank you' to my teenage daughter for writing up this story for us to post. Have a St. Anthony story of your own you would like to share? Email it to us and we will post it on our blog~