Thursday, March 8, 2012

Incredibly Inconvenienced

A little while ago, I worked at a gala benefit for a non-profit. The event was held at a local museum. As I was setting up prior to the arrival of the crowd, one of the museum staff asked me if I had any idea where she could have left her keys. She'd been looking for them for three days, and had been incredibly inconvenienced by their loss. I asked her if she'd asked St. Anthony to help her find them. She gave me a funny look, and said, 'No, I didn't think of that. My mom would have told me to do that." "Do it", I urged her, "St. Anthony is incredibly good at finding things." She walked off to continue getting ready for the event. A couple of minutes later, we heard a woman shrieking. It was the young lady who'd lost her keys! She rushed towards me, holding up a heavy key chain. "I found it!" She said. She was truly spooked. She had asked for St. Anthony's help, and as soon as she had done so, found her keys.
St. Anthony is very close to us, very kind, and very willing to help. Try asking for his help the next time you misplace something you need. Do so sincerely, and I am sure he will help you.
There are several little rhymes used to ask for his help, such as: "Saint Anthony, Saint Anthony, please come down, My _______ is lost, and must be found." Call his name, and visualize your lost item, explain how important it is to you to find it, and sincerely ask for his aid.
It is my feeling that when a Saint intercedes for us and grants our request, we should give sincere thanks. Everyone appreciates a thank you, and relationships are not one-sided. A candle and a vase of flowers are always appropriate.

Have a Saint Anthony story of your own to share? Email it to us and we will post it on the blog to inspire others to ask for St. Anthony's help too~